The St. Marys and Area Community Access Program (CAP) is a joint venture of government agencies and local sponsors that provides free Internet access to the public and assists people in developing the skills needed to use the Internet effectively.
Goals of St. Marys CAP
- To provide local residents with free public access to the Internet.
- To assist local entrepreneurs in finding information about job opportunities and job listings.
- To provide an Internet training center for local entrepreneurs, employees, teachers, students, and others interested in improving their Internet skills.
- To simulate the use and development of electronic learning tools and services.
- To establish an Internet presence for the community, its businesses and its government.
CAP has established a network of community access sites throughout our area, and all across Canada, to help residents of rural communities take advantage of the Internet.